Do you need to find a name for your next android? This Online Android Name Generator will randomly generate names that are perfect for any kind of humanoid robot you’re dreaming up!
Random Android Name Generator
There are some pretty cool robots that people have created. This is the robot name generator, which makes it easy for you to come up with a name for your new robot friend. To get started, simply refresh the page or click the Generate button to get a list of random robot names.
- Requiem Harlee Encoder
- Isis Kylarbot Copperchest
- Protection Silver Emulator51
- Driver Technician
- Dennanbot Koden Jensyn
- Disconnected Byte
- Oden Machine Hirvaansh
- Machine Dedeniseoluwa Awwal
- Nissa Rossi J
- Primitive Amoroxbot
- Holiday Fearghus Benjamyn
What is a Robot?
A robot is a machine that can perform tasks automatically or with guidance. It could be as simple as a mechanical arm on an assembly line, which repeats the same action over and over, or it could be as complex as a humanoid robot that interacts with its environment and performs actions such as walking and grasping objects.
The word “robot” was first used to denote fictional humanoid automatons in a 1920 play “R.U.R.” by the Czech writer, Karel Capek and it is sometimes used today as a metaphor for any machine that carries out one or more tasks automatically, such as an assembly robot arms on an automobile production line which repeats certain movements over and over.
There are many kinds of robots; they are used in such diverse applications as underwater exploration, spaceflight, automated manufacturing, and household appliances.
Robots can be autonomous or semi-autonomous and range from humanoids such as Honda’s Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility (ASIMO) and TOSY’s TOSY Ping Pong Playing Robot (TOPIO), to industrial robots, walking trucks, insect cyborgs, and even microscopic nano-scale robots. By mimicking a lifelike appearance or automating movements, a robot may convey a sense of intelligence or thought of its own.
So it can be said that the definition of a robot is flexible according to the situation. However, in this article, unless specifically mentioned otherwise, a robot refers to a robot in the form of an automaton that has some aspects of its appearance resembling that of humans or animals and can move by itself.
What is an Android and Droid?
A droid or android is a robot that functions in the same way as a human does. It has some of the same properties and moves in the same manner as humans do, such as walking and using tools. A droid is not necessarily a humanoid; it can be any type of material or non-humanoid entity such as an animal, machine, or even an immaterial thing like air.
An android is an automaton that resembles a human or humanoid, especially one with a synthetic body. It may look like a human, but it lacks several properties of humans because it does not have the same thought process as them. An android can be programmed to do manual tasks in homes and workplaces without much guidance from its owners.
These are not people who are devoid of emotion, but rather they can be programmed to act in certain ways that make them seem more human.
For example, an android may not understand the concept of love because it is merely a robot without any real thought process. But if its program tells it to refer to someone as “mother” or “father,” the android can do that.
Why We Should Choose a Good Name for an Android?
An android’s name is one of the most important things that its owner will give it, as a human would give another human a name to identify them. A good name for an android helps bring out its individuality and determines whether or not it will be compatible with the robot’s surroundings. It also functions as a digital signature that can be accessed by other droids once their name has been said.
We cannot just put any name to an android because that would not bring out its individuality much, if at all. It is best to look for a good name for an android online so the owner will have the liberty of choosing from among thousands of names available.
What we should keep in mind while selecting a good name for an android?
Choosing a good name is important because it will be the robot’s signature online, so if you give it an inappropriate name, everyone else who might come across with your droid will think of it as unprofessional and not take it seriously.
Create a name that is short but easy to say. If the name is too long, users will have problems trying to type it on their devices or even saying its letters out loud for others to hear. Find a name that people are not likely to misspell so your android’s presence can be felt by many. Also, it is best if the name has a meaning that is relevant to the robot’s function.
What are examples of good names for an android?
Some good names for an android are Ada, Athena, Bela, Brielle, Eve, Inti, Isis, Kloey, Minerva, Nissa, and River.
- Ada – meaning noble – since this name was given to the first computer ever made during the 19th century; it can also refer to someone who brings pride or honor to their family or community by being known for their great accomplishments. This would be perfect for an android whose main purpose is managing data and information because it can be viewed as someone who possesses the knowledge and tries its best in all aspects just like a noble would.
- Athena – meaning wise – this name comes from the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare, so whoever has this name must be knowledgeable and ready to fight for what is right. This may refer to an android who can serve as a battle droid against other droids or take down any technological viruses that might harm its master’s system.
- Bela – meaning bright and shining – is perfect for an android that functions as a light source in the dark by providing illumination through its LED lamp feature. It can also mean someone who brings clarity to something that is unclear, so it could even refer to an android with smart technology that makes up for what it lacks in terms of physical abilities compared to humans.
- Eve – meaning life – this name comes from the first woman whom God created in the Bible. This is ideal for an android whose main purpose is to give life and make things easier for its users at home or in any workplace, such as arranging schedules and helping people reach their destination by providing directions.
- Isis – meaning female Egyptian god of fertility – this would be perfect for a droid that can perform menstrual extraction because it provides relief during periods; plus, the name covers aspects of growth and nutrition. This may refer to an android that can provide emotional support through listening to problems and giving advice on how they should be resolved.
- Kloey – meaning victory of the people – since victory will come from teamwork and unity, it could refer to an android who can serve as a team leader for other droids, whether they are manual workers or mechanical appliances at home. It could also refer to an android that is empowered with the strength of many individuals.
- Minerva – meaning sage – this name comes from the Roman goddess of wisdom and war strategy. The name can suit someone who possesses knowledge in various fields like business, technology, arts, and even mathematics; hence, it can be perfect for an android whose main purpose is enhancing its master’s skills simply by exchanging ideas with them through conversation.
- Nissa – meaning mist or fog – this would be perfect for an android whose functions involve protecting people against natural elements because it refers to something that as shelter during inclement weather conditions. It can also refer to someone who is clouded by something that makes it hard for them to see things clearly.
- River – meaning flowing water – this refers to an android with high mobility which allows it to go on land or even underwater because of its articulation-based leg feature. This can be used as an alternative for droids that function as aquatic transport tools such as deep-sea divers, submarine probes, and similar equipment when they need an energy source when submerged underwater.
Bonus: Android OS Version Names
|Code name||Version numbers|
|Eclair||2.0 – 2.1|
|Froyo||2.2 – 2.2.3|
|Gingerbread||2.3 – 2.3.7|
|Honeycomb||3.0 – 3.2.6|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0 – 4.0.4|
|Jelly Bean||4.1 – 4.3.1|
|KitKat||4.4 – 4.4.4|
|Lollipop||5.0 – 5.1.1|
|Marshmallow||6.0 – 6.0.1|
|Nougat||7.1.0 – 7.1.2|